Types of Funding

Requests for financial support can be made to your residential college, the AOP Committee, or academic department depending on the nature and scope of the request. Review the table below for more information about where to direct your funding request:

The Residential College Accessibility Funds support the following:

The Access & Opportunity Committee supports the following:

  • Residential College merchandise

  • Rice bookstore paraphernalia (excluding textbooks)

  • Tickets to campus-wide events such as Rondelet, Esperanza, Senior Gala

  • Transportation to college related events

  • Off campus dinners or events

  • Peer-led trips

  • Academic and course related fees not covered by financial aid

  • Textbooks and course pack purchases

  • Assistance with laptop repair or replacement

  • Participation in student conferences which could include travel costs

  • Expenses associated with commencement (e.g.: graduation fees, regalia, etc.)

  • Transportation costs associated with employment during the semester

  • MSAR/LSAT book guides

  • MCAT/GMAT/LSAT/GRE prep course and study materials or courses

  • Open File fee waiver

  • Medical/Dental/Health-Professions School application fees

  • Secondary application fees

  • Interview travel and accommodations

  • Professional attire for employment or graduate school interviews not covered by outside organizations like Dress for Success or Career Gear
  • Travel and parking costs for a variety of experiences including off-campus interviews, externships, professional conferences

  • Career assessments such as the MBTI and the Strong Interest Inventory (offered through the Center for Career Development)

  • Fee for the Business Etiquette Lunch hosted by the Center for Career Development

  • Padfolios

*These lists are not exhaustive but meant to serve as a guide when determining where to seek support.